Our DEI statement
At hedgehog lab, our team is our greatest asset.
We believe that having diversity within our team is integral to doing our best work and creating the most innovative products for our customers. We will continue to foster an inclusive culture at the lab where everyone can be their authentic selves and thrive.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply to our roles and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, genetics, disability or age.
We are a family friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility.
We are always learning and our policies and processes are ever evolving to make sure that they’re in line with this statement. We have partnered with Lila to support and guide us on this journey.
What have we done over the past year?
- Held online DEI workshops for the Board and management team.
- Rolled out company wide DEI training via online platform Lila.
- Became a Tech Talent Charter signatory.
- Created an internal hedgehog lab DEI ‘cheerleader’ group to lead the way internally.
- Planned and held Q4 inclusion events and celebrations with our staff.
- Encouraged use of pronouns on staff Slack profiles and email signatures.
- Formed an internal DEI working group with the goal to put together a clearer DEI strategy and framework for the business.
- Encouraged implementation of gender neutral bathrooms in our serviced office space.
A statement from our CEO
A statement from Sarat Pediredla, hedgehog lab CEO & cofounder on the importance of inclusion.
“As an ethnic minority-owned business started by an immigrant to the UK, DEI is fundamental to our core value of People are our greatest asset. We believe that every person is unique and that a diverse team of brilliant people is essential to achieving our purpose of creating a place that empowers talented people to do the best work of their lives.
Whilst we all know it’s good business to build a diverse workforce & make inclusion core to how we operate, it’s in our DNA to do this because we also believe it is the right thing to do - business benefit or not. For us inclusion is about helping our team bring their whole self to work and to help them be their authentic selves.
We also know that we are not perfect, and there is always more that we can do to improve. By keeping an open mind, listening and engaging with our past, current and future team members, we are committed to learning and doing better every day, to create a place where everyone can feel safe, no matter what protected characteristics they have.”
Careers at hedgehog lab
If you are interested in joining the team at hedgehog lab then check out our open vacancies here.