2. Who We Are
We are hedgehog lab Limited . We are a global technology company with offices in the UK and USA.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act (‘DPA’) and in-line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’), hedgehog lab is the ‘Data Controller’ and is responsible for your personal data.
3. Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following aspects of data about you:
Information that you provide us– this is information you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise or by applying for jobs via our website.
Information that we collect from you– whenever you visit our website, we will automatically collect technical information and information about your visit. This is explained further below in sections 5 and 12.
Information we receive from other sources– We may receive personal data about you from public sources such as Companies House and various third parties including for example business partners, sub-contractors in technical and payment services and analytics providers etc. We may also collect, store and process information pertaining to visitors and users of our customer’s websites or services, solely for and on our customers behalf. For such purposes, hedgehog lab serve and shall be considered as a “Data Processor” and our customer shall be the “Controller” (as both such capitalised terms are defined in the European Data Protection Directive) of such information and the responsibility for the security and authorised usage of that information lies with our customer. If you are a visitor or user of any of our customer’s websites or services and have any requests or queries regarding your personal information, please contact them directly.
4. What we do with your information
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer;
To carry out any requests or obligations arising from any contact you may have with us;
To provide you with information or services that you have requested from us or which we feel may interest you, if you have given us consent to get in contact with you;
To enable you to participate in any interactive features our service offers, as and when you choose to do so;
To consider any job applicants;
To notify you of any changes to our service.
5. Technical Information
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is only statistical data and does not identify any individual.
We also collect details of your visits to our website in the form of analytics, this could include places and resources you access on our site, time spent on our site and where you are directed to our site from. Please see section 12 for more information.
6. Where we hold your information
7. Security of your personal data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure our compliance with the DPA and GDPR.
We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Although we do our very best to protect your personal details, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we can not and do not guarantee the absolute security and protection of your data. Any transmission is at the risk of the site user. Once we have received any information we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
8. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We use third party selected service providers including IT and system management services, legal and financial advisors, billing and payment processing services, fraud detection and prevention services, web analytics, marketing services, recruitment services, content providers and HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities (collectively, “Third Party Service(s)”)
We require all Third Party Services to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our Third Party Services to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
9. Third Party links
Our website may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you were to follow a link to any of these sites please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please make sure to check these policies before you submit any personal data to any of these websites.
10. Your rights
You have the right to find out about what information we hold about you. If you wish to access and/or request us to make corrections to the personal information that you have stored with us, please contact us via email to email@example.com.
You also have the right ‘to be forgotten’ and to have your information permanently deleted from our systems. Again if you would like to exercise this right then contact us at the email address above.
There will be no charge for reasonable electronic access to your information or for your right to be forgotten.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
11. How long we hold your information for
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files comprised of letters and numbers that are downloaded onto your desktop computer, mobile or other handheld device when you access certain websites.
Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically by remembering settings you selected during earlier visits, amongst other functions. Cookies do not harm your computer.
Individual cookies we use
We use Google Analytics to understand general trends about our content and traffic sources such as where users come from and which pages are most popular.
Google’s statement about privacy can be found here.
The Facebook button allows you to share our platform with your friends and other Facebook users.
Facebook’s statement about privacy relating to their Connect feature is here and also here.
This button allows you to share our platform and services with your followers.
We use this button to allow you to share our platform and the services we offer with your connections.
LinkedIn’s information about privacy can be found here.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Date last updated:
USA – Massachusetts Area
Hedgehog lab and our affiliated companies worldwide (“Hedgehog lab”) are a global professional services firm focused on delivering digital transformation for our clients. Hedgehog lab respects you and we are committed to honouring and protecting your privacy. The reason we collect your personal data is to improve our services to you. This Website Privacy Notice describes our approach to privacy and our practises regarding why we collect your personal data, what data we are collecting, how we process it and how you can manage and delete your personal data. If you have any questions or concerns about this Website Privacy Notice or your personal data, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we determine the purpose and means of processing personal data, Hedgehog lab will be a controller. Where we act as a processor in our capacity of providing services to a customer, we will only process personal data in accordance with the instructions of the customer. The customer will be the data controller of that personal data and will be responsible to data subjects for the way in which their personal data is processed. Where applicable, in accordance with data protection laws we shall assist the data controller in effecting data subject rights.
What Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect It
Hedgehog lab, may at times collect your personal data in one of the following ways:
- By entering information such as your name, and email address, country of residence, company you represent, industry and details of an inquiry on our Contact page as well as other forms throughout our website, you enable us to respond to a general/ business inquiry made by you or on behalf of the company that you represent. If you wish to be contacted by telephone, we may also collect your phone number.
- By sending in your resume and other personal details through our Careers page available on the following webpage https://www.hedgehoglab.com/careers which enables you to apply online for a job at Hedgehog lab. We may use this information throughout Hedgehog lab and its affiliates and subsidiaries in order to consider you for employment or to respond to your inquiry. Hedgehog lab may also keep the information for future consideration of any jobs that may arise.
- You may provide Hedgehog lab with information when subscribing and using the Hedgehog lab subscription centre. This data may include for example your name, email address and the company you represent. The subscription centre also keeps track of your areas of interest (such as receiving newsletters, thought leadership content and/or marketing collateral) that you may have either opted into or opted out of.
- E-mail Communications: If you are a recipient of our marketing communications, we may track whenever you receive, open, click a link, or share an email you receive from Hedgehog lab. Please visit our customer privacy notice for further details. To unsubscribe from Hedgehog lab marketing communications, please visit our subscription centre.
- Information from Other Sources: Hedgehog lab might receive information about you from other sources, such as public sources, social media, directories, registries to ensure the accuracy and completeness of your personal data.
Purpose and Lawful Basis For Processing Personal Data
- With your consent. Where we require your consent you will ind opt-in mechanisms and you have the ability to withdraw consent at all times.
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. For example, when we perform our services to you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. This will include maintaining records, compliance checks or screening and recording (e.g. anti-money laundering, financial and credit checks, fraud and crime prevention and detection, trade sanctions and embargo laws). This may include automated checks of personal data you provide about your identity against relevant databases and contacting you to confirm your identity or making records of our communications with you for compliance purposes.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. Our legitimate interest will include for example, market research purposes, marketing purposes and appropriate controls to ensure our website, processes and procedures are running effectively for the prevention and detention of against fraud and for IT security purposes. You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
- If processing of personal data is subject to any other laws, then the lawful basis of processing personal data may be different to that set out above and in those circumstances will be based on national laws. Hedgehog lab shall only process the received information pursuant to pursue our legitimate business interests for example screening CVs of prospective candidates, establishing communication with prospective customers (whom you represent) and personnel with general/ business inquiries and to enhance our user experience. Please visit https://www.Hedgehoglab.com/customer-privacy-notice to see our customer privacy notice.
- You also have the option to subscribe/opt-in to receive newsletters, thought leadership content and/or marketing collateral. You can always opt-out of such options using our subscription centre or write to email@example.com. Hedgehog lab shall adhere to your preferences.
Hedgehog lab implements industry standard security measures to keep your personal data secure and confidential, including but not limited to:
- Restriction of access to your personal data to Hedgehog lab employees strictly on a need to know basis, such as responding to an inquiry or request.
- Implementation of physical, electronic, administrative, technical and procedural safeguards that comply with all applicable rules, laws, legislation and regulations to protect your personal data from unauthorised or inappropriate access, alteration, disclosure and/or destruction. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign o when you are done using a shared computer.
- Hedgehog lab employees who misuse personal data are subject to strict disciplinary action, as it is a violation of the Integrity Policy of Hedgehog lab.
Who We May Share Your Personal Data With
- The personal data Hedgehog lab collects from you is stored in one or more databases hosted by third parties. These third parties do not use or have access to your personal data for any purpose other than cloud storage and retrieval.
- Hedgehog lab has offices and operations in a number of international locations and we share information between our group companies for business and administrative purposes. Please visit https://www.Hedgehog lab.com/company/contact to see a list of the locations within our corporate group.
- Where required or permitted by law, information may be provided to others, such as but not limited to regulators, under legal process, enforceable government directives.
International and Group Company Transfers of Personal Data
We are part of an international group of companies and, as such, transfer personal data concerning you to countries outside the European Union (EU).
We transfer personal data between our group companies and data centers for the purposes described above. We may also transfer personal data to our third party suppliers outside of the EU as described above.
Your personal data may be stored in databases located outside of the EU. The database is controlled by our administrative sta located outside of the EU and can be accessed electronically.
Where we transfer personal data outside of the EU, we either transfer personal data to countries that provide an adequate level of protection as determined by the European Commission or we have appropriate safeguards in place. Appropriate safeguards to cover these transfers are in the form of standard contractual/data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
Where we transfer personal data between our group companies we have covered these transfers by entering into standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission. If you would like more information on any of the data transfer mechanisms on which we rely please contact our Data Protection Officer, details available in the contact section below. Data Storage and Retention
Hedgehog lab shall retain your personal data pursuant to the business purposes. We will only keep your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our purposes outlined above or to comply with legal, accounting or reporting requirements under applicable law(s). To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of personal data, the purposes for which we process the personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Personal data received from prospective customers shall be retained for the duration of the prospective customer’s business relationship with the Hedgehog lab and in accordance with the retention criteria set out in our customer privacy notice. Please visit https://www.Hedgehoglab.com/customer-privacy-noticeto see our customer privacy notice for further details.
For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Existence of Automated Profiling
Hedgehog lab uses automated profiling in limited circumstances relating to email campaigns. As part of our email campaigns, we may track when you receive, open, click a link, or share an email you receive from Hedgehog lab using a Hedgehog lab managed automated solution. The automated solution profiles the information tracked to evaluate your interest in Hedgehog lab’s service offerings and/or promotions. This enables us to identify and target potential customers and/or business partners and aims to provide you with relevant and timely content based on your indicated interests.
Data Subject Rights
You may have certain rights relating to your personal data provided under the GDPR. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data and request details of the processing activities conducted by Hedgehog lab.
- Request that your personal data is rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Request erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Request restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Receive your personal data provided to us as a controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances.
- Object to, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on, automated processing (including profiling), which produces legal effects or significantly affects you.
- Withdraw your consent provided at any time by contacting us.
- To exercise the rights outlined above in respect of your personal data you may write to us at email@example.com.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights relating to your personal data provided under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
- The right to know what information Hedgehog lab collects and discloses.
- The right to access what personal information has been collected about you by making a proper Verifiable Consumer Request (VCR). Through a VCR, you may request:
- The categories of personal information collected about you in the preceding 12 months;
- The categories of sources from which personal information is collected; the business purpose for collecting personal information;
- The categories of third parties with him Hedgehog lab shares personal information; and Specific pieces of personal information collected about you.
- The right to request deletion of personal information that has been collected about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The right to request that your personal information be transferred to a third party.
- The right to non-discrimination against you for exercising any of the rights listed above.
- The right to non-discrimination against you for exercising any of the rights listed above.
- Hedgehog lab does not sell personal information as defined in section 1798.140(t) of the CCPA. Hedgehog lab also does not sell the personal information of children under age 16 without affirmative authorization.
Hedgehog lab will respond to a VCR within 45 days. Should we require more time, Hedgehog lab will notify you of the extension period and the reason for the extension in writing. To the extent possible, we will provide you with your personal information in a format that you can share with other businesses. To exercise your rights with respect to your personal information, you may submit a Verifiable Consumer Request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residents of Canada have rights under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) or if applicable, certain provincial laws:
- The right to know why your personal information will be collected, used, and/or disclosed.
- The right to withdraw consent (where consent was required) to the collection, use, disclosure of your personal information at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
- The right to require that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. If the information is inaccurate, incomplete, and/or out-of-date, you have the right to request that it is corrected.
- The right to request access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation.
- The right to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above rights to the designated individual accountable for Hedgehog lab’s compliance.
If you have any questions or concerns as to how your data is being processed, you can contact us by writing to email@example.com
In the irst instance, please contact us with concerns you may have. Data protection laws such as the GDPR gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws has occurred.
Changes to our Website Privacy Notice
This Website Privacy Notice was last updated in February 2022 and Hedgehog lab will notify you of changes we may make to this privacy notice where required, however we would recommend that you look back at this notice from time to time to check for any updates.
What are Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site or page. The other tracking technologies work similarly to cookies and place small data files on your devices or monitor your website activity to enable us to collect information about how you use our site. This allows our site to recognize your device from those of other users of the sites. Hedgehog lab may use this data to analyse trends and statistics and to provide better customer service.
To administer our sites and for research purposes, Hedgehog lab also has contracted with third-party service providers to track and analyse statistical usage and volume information from our website users. A regular audit is performed periodically via a tool which is automatically re-scanning the cookies used. These third-party service providers use persistent cookies to help us to improve the user experience, manage our site content, and analyse how users navigate and utilise the websites.